Monday, January 20, 2014

The Price is Right is No Place to Make Friends


In my stretches of unemployment, there was one thing I made sure I did every weekday, and no, it wasn’t apply for jobs.  I made sure at 11:00 am, I was sitting in front of the TV for the day’s episode of the best show ever made, The Price is Right.

And if there’s one thing I’ve learned watching The Price is Right religiously, it’s that you can’t be nice.  When you get called to that podium to make the bid that could get you on stage, you can’t worry about any one else.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched someone make an ill-advised bid based solely on the fact that they were afraid to screw over the person next to them.  I don’t care who it is standing next to me, if they stand between me and Plinco, a car or a large sum of money, I’m doing what I have to do to get on stage.

Sorry old lady that bid $750 right before me, I’m going with $751 because I’m more focused on winning a prize than being nice to someone I’m never going to see again.

If you think this sounds harsh or mean-spirited, then you obviously don’t have what it takes to succeed on the Price is Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment