Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kings vs Devils - NHL 12



Game 1 of the Stanley Cup starts tonight at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. I have a plate of crab rangoon riding on the Devils in the series. Not that I necessarily want them, but I will never back down from a bet of goons.

 This simulation done by G4 TV on NHL 12 shows that the Los Angeles Kings will take the series four game to the New Jersey Devils' two. Doubtful, if you ask me. I know many people may not care about the NHL as it is, but this series is going to be one of the more interesting match-ups. 

Last year, the Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks collided for an epic series, but this year has already been stuffed to the rafters with good hockey and that promises to continue.  Both goaltenders, Jonathan Quick and Martin Brodeur, have been absolutely stellar thus far.  This has been a post-season in which 3 goals seems like it will win the game, and with Quick carrying a 1.54 GAA versus Brodeur's 2.04, that seems like it should be the case.

Will the offenses be ready for this match-up?  Both teams are strong defensively, and play with speed to make the best of their scoring chances.  I think the Devils will win this one in six games.  A few skirmishes may break out early in the series, but I think cooler heads will prevail and this brand of hockey will be pretty damn exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment