Thursday, July 5, 2012

Greatest Game Ever? Really? Yes.

So my blogging has become a little more spaced out of late, but for very good reason.  Yesterday was a holiday, I didn't open the office, and the other night I stumbled upon a game I have no played since before high school.  Rollercoaster Tycoon.  If you haven't played Rollercoaster Tycoon, there might be something seriously wrong with you, get to a doctor immediately.

For those of you that have, you know its easily the greatest game on the face of the planet.  At a time before Xbox and Playstation dominated the gaming world, but rose to success even during the Nintendo 64 days.  I have never been much of a computer gamer, I played King's Quest a few times, and a few other random games like Full Throttle, but never anything seriously like RCT.

For those of you who need to be brought up to speed, the object of the game is to put yourself into different theme park scenarios the game gives you, and reach goals by the end of certain time limits by building rides and shops and attracting guests to your park.  For instance, the first level, but the end of October, Year 1, you need to have 250 guests in your park with a park rating of 600.  Easy money.

I own a new MacBook, so finding this game literally took a few hours, but I hunted it down.  It cost 6 dollars, and 10 extra minutes of watching a video, but now that it's over, I have been playing nonstop.  If you're like to get down with it, thank this guy, Paul the Tall, and his blog that helped me figure it all out.

1 comment: