Tuesday, November 13, 2012

ESPN College Basketball Tip-Off Marathon


If you're not watching for at least two or three games, you're doing something wrong.

This is one of the few times that I am okay with being unemployed, the other notable instance was when Aerosmith played that free show on Comm Ave. last week.  The ESPN Tip-Off Marathon debuted in 2008 and has been going strong ever since, starting with one game at 11:59 p.m., and new games starting about every two hours for 24 hours straight.

It is currently 2:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning, and I'm here on my futon, blogging and live tweeting the games with my laptop going, cell phone tuned into Twitter and Sports Illustrated's college basketball preview issue by my side.

Game 1 is in the books, as Gonzaga topped West Virginia 84-50.  Rough way to start, but don't worry, the marathon will take you across 16 conferences, 14 states and five time zones.

As you can see in the picture above, the 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. slot is an ideal time for a power nap.  Probably not going to be much action out of Hawaii-Houston Baptist or Stony Brook-Rider.  But I've been watching games since 7 p.m. Tuesday, and don't plan on stopping outside of my designated nap time.

Stay tuned for more Tip-Off Marathon blogs all day tomorrow, and get on board with me via Twitter @JonToddVanDamme

No comments:

Post a Comment