Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pop Danthology 2012 - Pretty Sweet, Actually



I'll admit right now to liking music that I know I shouldn't.  That being said, there are artists like Nicki Minaj, Pitbull, LMFAO and whoever the hell sung "Rack City" that I cannot stand and have no business making music.

Apparently I was completely out of the loop until a few days ago on these videos, that take a bunch of popular songs from that year and mash them all together into one mega-hit.  From what I gather, this have been going on for three years, but its news to me.  Either way, despite it showcasing how similar every pop song is nowadays and how the music scene is falling in the gutter, when you can combine Justin Bieber, Psy, One Direction and Owl City, yeah, I'll listen.

Side note, music videos these days, right?  The amount of nonsense you see watching this video is nothing short of baffling, and you mostly have Rihanna and Ke$ha to thank for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment