Wednesday, December 11, 2013

RUN!!! IT'S GODZILLA



I want to preface this by telling a brief story. When I was four, I woke my parents up at 3 A.M. on Christmas morning because I was so excited that Santa had left my stocking at the foot of my bed (a mistake he would never repeat again.) My mom, being the awesome parent she was, woke up with me and let me open my stocking. In my stocking were two movies that came to dominate my childhood, Godzilla vs. Mecha-Godzilla and Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster.

My mom and I spent the next four hours sitting on the couch watching both movies multiple times. After present opening was done we watched them each again about three more times.

Needless to say I am fired up for 2014's Godzilla which is slated to be released on the 60 year anniversary of the giant lizard's first silver screen outing.

Some of you may remember Matthew Broderick and Hank Azaria starring in the 1998 Godzilla which is most famous for the Puff Daddy anthem Come With Me. A song from a time when rap actually meant something.



Here are a couple reasons why I'm fired up about this movie.

1. It has Bryan Cranston in it. The only thing more bad ass than Godzilla is Godzilla facing down Walter White. Godzilla is the one who knocks... buildings over. If you need anymore convincing just watch the video below. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT THIS MAN CAN DO.



2. It's FREAKING GODZILLA. Are you kidding me? If you had to read down to point number two to be convinced then do yourself a favor and stab yourself in the eye because you'll never see anything better than this. This is the fruition of every five year old fantasy that you ever had. This is like if pizza day were every day in elementary school. SAVOR IT!

3. Read items one and two and if you don't agree punch yourself in the face.

Honestly the only thing that could make this movie any better is if Jennifer Lawrence were in it because I'm a little bit in love with her. That said I'm pretty sure the universe would implode out of gloriousness if that were true.

No comments:

Post a Comment