Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Shoppach Traded to Mets


This is a post I hoped I would never have to write.  Former Red Sox catcher Kelly Shoppach was placed on waivers and picked up by the New York Mets on Tuesday.

I have delayed blogging about this in hopes of answering any and all questions readers would have for the unofficial fan page of Shophouse.

The trade on Tuesday was to exchange Shoppach for a player to be named later, adding to the list of completely unnecessary moves that the Red Sox organization has made since the season began.  But with the recalling of Ryan Lavarnway, there was just no room for Shoppach on the roster, which by the way, I don't understand.  Lavarnway has had great numbers in Triple-A, yes, but for a backup catcher, Shophouse was hitting .250 with five home runs, what more do you really want?

The biggest question is, will this page remain the unofficial fan page?  Absolutely.  That sweet rookie card picture isn't about to leave the right side of the screen, and being traded to the National League means he won't be belting lasers off of the Red Sox miserable pitching.

So here's to you, House, still my favorite player on the Sox this season.  As soon as I find out what number you'll be taking on the Mets, I'll be purchasing one of those blue player tee's.  Good luck out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment