Monday, August 6, 2012

Usain Bolt. That Is All.

Usain Bolt once again proves that he is the fastest man in the world, running the men's 100-meter dash final in 9.63 seconds, and Olympic record, to take the gold medal.

Jamaican teammate Yohan "The Beast" Blake took silver in the event, running his personal best of 9.75 seconds, while American Justin Gatlin also ran a personal best after coming back from a four-year doping ban, clocking in a 9.79 for the bronze.

Apparently two billion people watched the most exciting event at the London Games live, and none of them were in the United States, unless you were live-streaming it.  NBC again refused to show the event live, electing to defer it until their primetime slot, when they didn't show it until nearly 10 o'clock.  I won't get into here, but NBC's coverage is making me more and more angry by the day.

Another bizarre thing about the events happened just seconds before it.  Apparently a fan tossed a green plastic bottle towards the runners, and it landed only feet behind their blocks.  Unfortunately for that idiotic fan, he was next to Dutch Judo champion Edith Bosch who smacked him in the back to knock him down before security arrived.

"I had seen the man walking around earlier and said to people around me that he was a peculiar bloke," Bosch said.  "Then he threw that bottle and in my emotion I hit him on the back with the flat of my hand.  Then he was scooped up by the security. However, he did make me miss the final, and I am very sad about that.  I just cannot understand how someone can do something like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment