Tuesday, August 7, 2012

How Much Faster Can Usain Bolt, Sprinters Get?



This is one of the most interesting videos I have seen in a while.  The 100-meter dash has long been regarded as the most exciting race at the Olympics.  We now know it as the race that has 20 minutes of build up for a mere 10 seconds of race time, but it wasn't always that way.

The video above shows the times of every Olympic medalist in the 100m since 1896.  Its an unbelievable gap between the 9.63 Usain Bolt ran this year and the bronze medalist from the inaugural Games.

The craziest part about the video is when they show the fastest times put up by eight to seventeen year olds.  At my peak in high school, I could run an 12.1, so it kind of sucks to see that a 15-year-old could dust me.  Either way, some pretty cool information on how the race has evolved over the years.

4 comments:

  1. No way you ran 11.1 in high school. I'm callin you out bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to like this font, and also, good catch, it was a 12.1, and it was in a 4x1. I'm still counting it, haha.

    ReplyDelete