Monday, October 8, 2012

Postseason Picks Going South, But There's Still Hope For Me In Cincy


As if I needed more proof that I'm just not very good at predicting the future of baseball, here it is.

Both Wild Card games I selected have been wrong and the Oakland A's are down two games to none.  What I'm about to say could change the shape of the postseason altogether, since I seem to be horrible luck, but I will say it anyway.

I am putting all of my stock into the Cincinnati Reds.

I picked the Reds to win the World Series from the get-go.  They're up 2-0 on the San Francisco Giants so far, with the remaining three games, if necessary, to be played at home at Great American Ballpark.  In Game 1, the Reds lost starter Johnny Cueto after just eight pitches, but managed to shake off the loss of their ace and pull out a win.

Cueto, along with the entire Reds organization, hopes he will be ready to pitch in Game 3.  He left the first game with back spasms, which shouldn't be too serious.

I picked the Yankees to win their ALDS match-up, and even though I didn't pick Baltimore to get this far, I would love nothing more than for them to win.  They're down 1-0 after a ninth inning meltdown last night, but I'll hang my hat on their 9-9 record against the Bronx Bombers any day of the week.  As for the Braves losing, I don't want to talk about that.  Chipper Jones.  That is all I want to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment