Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trololo No More


I regret not posting this yesterday, but I would be remiss if I completely skipped over this news.  Eduard Khil, famed Russian singer, passed away at the age of 77.

Not many people know who Khil was, but he was most famous for the viral video known as "Trololo."  As strange as the song may sound, there is a point to it, offered up by Khil 2 years ago.

"Originally, we had lyrics written for this song but they were poor. I mean, they were good, but we couldn't publish them at that time. They contained words like these: "I'm riding my stallion on a prairie, so-and-so mustang, and my beloved Mary is thousand miles away knitting a stocking for me". Of course, we failed to publish it at that time, and we, Arkady Ostrovsky and I, decided to make it a vocalisation. But the essence remained in the title. The song is very playful – it has no lyrics, so we had to make up something for people would listen to it, and so this was an interesting arrangement."

No comments:

Post a Comment