Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bobby Valentine Throwing Haymakers


Well, not really.  But he did threaten to.

In a recent interview with Glenn Ordway, host of "The Big Show" on WEEI in Boston, Ordway asked Bobby Valentine if he had checked out this season.  This comes just a few days after Bobby V had told WEEI this season was "miserable," but he would still like to come back for another go-around.

So has Valentine checked out?  Let's ask him.

"What an embarrassing thing to say. If I were there right now, I'd punch you right in the mouth. Ha, ha. How's that sound? Sound that like I checked out? What an embarrassing thing. Why would somebody even, that's stuff that a comic strip person would write.

"If someone's here, watching me go out at 2 o'clock in the afternoon, working with the young players, watching me put in the right relief pitchers to get a win, putting on a hit-and-run when it was necessary, talking to the guys after the game in the food room -- how could someone in real life say that?"

And boom goes the dynamite.  Sounds to me like he took some real offense to that, which is good to see.  Its always good to see signs of life, even if the team's heart rate is down to about 18 beats per minute.

The Red Sox have Thursday off, then pull into station Friday night, fresh off of a nine game road trip in which they went 1-8.  They are on pace for their worst season since 1992, something that I am personally unfamiliar with, since I started following the team when I was six in '96.  Let's just get this over with, already.

The whole audio is classic, and shows Bobby V's true colors, but for the quote above, fast forward to 2:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment