Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bluesday: Otis Taylor on NPR's Tiny Desk Concert


Heyooo, it's Blueday and I'd be lying if I didn't say this was one helluva bluesday indeed.  Unwind with Otis Taylor's banjo and this bluesy edition of the NPR Tiny Desk Concert, which is a great little venue to see up n' comers and veteran's a like.  Just today I was perusing through shows of Daniel Johnston, Reggie Watts, while in the past sets of The Tallest Man on the Earth and Dr. Dog have whittled away many a afternoon.

Stick around through Otis' long set till the second song at least. He really starts warming up the banjo around the 6 minute mark. Plus, this guy looks like a black and beardy John C. Reilly, so I mean, I'm sold.
Otis Taylor and John C. Reilly: Separated at birth

No comments:

Post a Comment