Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Giants Fan Joe Nathan Dons Full Cowboys Uniform During Rangers BP


Rangers closer Joe Nathan is a New York Giants fan.  Rangers reliever Mike Adams is a Dallas Cowboys fan.

"The first thing [Nathan] told me was, 'I saw that crappy helmet in your locker and I'm a Giants' fan, so we should have some good bets going on," Adams told Yahoo Sports.  "This is probably the best bet I've ever won in my entire life. This is up there."

What was the bet?  If the Cowboys beat the Giants in the opening game of the NFL season, Nathan would suit up in full Cowboys gear -- pads, helmet, jersey -- to show up to the Ballpark at Arlington on Tuesday.  But Nathan's confidence got the best of him, as he added if the Cowboys won, he would wear the full inform through batting practice and even sign autographs, helmet on and all.

"I regret that I added that," Nathan said.  "It [felt] just like I thought it would — absolutely terrible."

Classic.  Hopefully the bets continue with these guys, and maybe even spread to other teams in the future.

1 comment:

  1. If the Cowboys beat the Giants in the opening game of the NFL season, Nathan would suit up in full Cowboys gear -- pads, helmet, jersey -- to show up to the Ballpark at Arlington on Tuesday. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete